Jan 14, 2011

CHIC TREAT: Stylish Blogger Award

What a wonderful way to start the new year: a Stylish Blogger Award bestowed on Style Maniac by the charming mother/daughter team of Beth and Kristy at Design Chic and also by the sweet Danielle of Fresh Quince!  Thank you, ladies, this is truly a chic treat.


Along with the award comes the request to pay the compliment forward as follows:   
{1} Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. 
{2} Reveal seven things about yourself. 
{3} Bestow the award on ten great bloggers you have recently discovered. 
{4} Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.

And so ...



7 THINGS you may not know about me: As a little girl I kissed anything purple ... Sappy commercials, cheesy TV moments, sad movies, poignant novels: I cry at all of 'em ... When absorbed in a book, blog or design project I can go hours without food, drink or sleep and not even notice ... Often when I smile I have lipstick on my teeth ... A career test once advised "General in the Army" as my ideal profession ... I'd rather eat French Fries than cake ... I'm continually surprised and delighted to find my obsession for words, images and all things lovely shared with so many fabulous women  around the globe.

10 STYLISH BLOGGERS all highlighted on Style Maniac for the first time and each with her own unique sense of style.  Listed in no order other than how the photos looked pretty one after the other.

You all probably know of The Decorista. But I'm giving this award to 
Ashlina's Decorista Daydreams on Tumblr. Chock full of glamour.

Preppy + Hippy = The Prippy Handbook. TG's always smart, always fun.

Oscar PR Girl.  Can you say dream job?

 The pretty posts by Beth & Kristy from Design Chic would have put them on
my list if they hadn't sent me the award, so I just had to include them.  
{don't expect you ladies to repeat the post, though!}

Danielle at Fresh Quince.  As above already on my list, for her knack at 
uncovering stylish treasures at rock-bottom prices.

Maria at Design Elements imbues modern design and
dramatic travel shots with warmth and soul.

On Pinterest, my newest way to spend a snowy Sunday,
Eve Wang curates the most fabulous photos.

Eleni of My Paradissi always features something fresh and lovely under that gorgeous logo. 
Plus she lives and works on the isle of Crete. Le sigh.

Elizabeth is an event planner whose own wedding is one of the prettiest I've seen. 
The definition of Boho Chic ... just like her blog, Peacock Feathers.

Jessica at My Vintage Vogue has gathered an incredible collection of vintage fashion images.  That's where I found the 1960s Mark Shaw/Vogue photo at the top of this post.

Hope you enjoy visiting all these Stylish Bloggers and exploring their lovely sites.

16 comments:

  1. What beautiful finds, many that I have not visited. I shall be spending my morning by the fire with a cup of tea experiencing these wonderful new to me blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and well deserved!! I wish I could blog the way you and your top picks do...how I envy you all! I love love love all the gorgeous imagery and info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ang...I wish I could write as beautiful as you do and find just the right imagery to fit my posts like yours. You truly have a gift!! Also, I changed my post...thanks for passing the award onto Fresh Quince, that was so sweet! xx Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations dear Blogstress! You deserve many awards. I have to say the snow photograph by Design Elements is just incredible.
    Bask in the glow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH what a fun award this is!


    "General In The Army" that will have me giggling to myself all day!


    Congrats and thanks for sharing and helping me discover new great blogs:)


    ♥♥

    Ciao Ciao Bella Donna

    Check out my Give Away @
    http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/
    Sharing Lots of Love n Fun!
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely compliments, ladies ... you make the award even more special.

    Frozen Fashion--although Army Green is not my color and I'd have a problem rising through the ranks as I hate being told what to do, must admit I could plan & direct a campaign no problem. In the military that makes you a brilliant tactician. Around my house it's described as being bossy. Hmmm, maybe I should have followed that career path after all ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great blog! Just found you from design chic who found me! Blogworld is great, I am new to it but loving every minute. Plesae stop by if you can, its about the building of our new home and my passion for good design.
    www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    This is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fashionable KUDOS to you, Style Maniac. Your blog makes me want to take the day off and jump right into these photographs!

    xo
    ~ Lee
    www.TheBlogstressNetwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo! what a great treat to wake up to, and so deserved! Really tremendous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much, Doreen! I wish I could write in English so good as you. Beautiful finds. I'll check them. Hug

    p.s.: Congratulations for your blogger award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! We'll check out all the blogs you referred. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award, what stylish blog you do have!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award. I loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Doreen. Congrats and, Just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes, I really appreciate it. Simone xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoot whoot! Thank you! This really makes me smile and so super happy!

    xo

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Prippy--It's mutual madness! Your excitement makes this award twice as lovley.

    A warm welcome to the new readers who found Style Maniac through this post--looking forward to many chic conversations to come Jill, Mablel & Zora and The Enchanted Home.

    To Simone at Beach Vintage, thanks for stopping by to let us know you are okay. I am relieved to hear you and your family are safe and were not harmed by the flooding in your Australian city.

    ReplyDelete

Join our conversation ... add your thoughts, ideas and suggestions here. I love to hear from you, and read every comment. Thank you! -- Doreen/Style Maniac

READ MORE

accessories affiliate programs amazon boutique animal prints Annie Sibonney art aso damisi aubrie costello autumn kietponglert awards beach beaches bela shehu bentley meeker betsy bart bette midler big city bumpkin bil donovan black blog talk radio blogs blogs2books blue books brand ambassador brown budhi teencare bus stop carmelita couture carolyn roehm charities chef secrets for home cooks china cities claudia strasser cocktail rings cocktails concrete polish confetti system conrad booker conradbookerCOLLECTION dance decorate denise fike diane von furstenberg dress eat elaine de kooning entertain erte estelle carraz-bernabei events everyday style tip fabrics fall family fashion faux fur flowers friends gift guide gift wrap giveaway glitter gold graphic design green guest posts guests harper's bazaar hayden williams heartless revival hgtv holidays ifb instagram interviews iPhone jason brunetti jewelry joey campanaro jonathan adler julep kaitlyn doherty kaitlyn elizabeth kate spade kerri shipp lagos latifat obajinmi laugh learn leopard lilly pulitzer listen lists live liza hathaway matthews lois a wigs love mackenzie pikaart magazines make up for ever makeovers makeup maniac find melissa d'agostino michael brunetti michael cina michael gallagher michelle armas monet monthly themes moo moriamo johnson movies music my grandmothers natori new york nic*fish nicole fisher nicole miller ninobrand offices online art show orange paris patricia burns patricia larsen peter woolsey phashion mob philadelphia philadelphia fashion incubator photo by doreen creede photography pillows pink playlists press purple quote radio appearances ralph lauren ralph rucci read red redecorators sandra benhaim screwed forever sephora shakespeare shoes shop silver skai blue show spring squarespace style style icons style maniac sites style recipe stylish sponsors summer susan gloss the blogstress network the paris apartment the pennsylvania ballet the philadelphia collection the sandcastle project theater thoughts on home tina steele lindsey tino fonzarelli todd hunter travel trina turk tv appearances vintage wallpapers warby parker white wine winter work writing yellow zebra Zeusvision