The Style Maniac Blog has moved.
Please visit our new home on the Style Maniac website:

December 7, 2012

On the first day of Christmas {I WISH} my true love gave to me ... 1 ELAINE DE KOONING

Once upon a time, in the hubub of a crowded art show, the bold scene of an abstract bullfight swirled before me and I fell instantly for the work of Elaine de Kooning.  Her evocative strokes, lush technique and vivid color combine with an energy that dances off the canvas.  Oh how Farol, above, would so perfectly enliven my office ... or living room ... or foyer.  And how convenient for my true love -- it's currently on exhibit at Levis Fine Art in New York City!  So no shopping required.  You don't even have to wrap it, honey.

What's on your fantasy wish list this season?  #1 on mine:  Farol, by Elaine de Kooning. Image from the exhibit "Elaine de Kooning: Full Circle: 1940s -1980s" at Levis Fine Art, 514 West 24th Street, NYC through December 20th.   


Vanessa Uttaro said...

You aren't dropping hints much, are you? Hehehe This year, my wish list is short, I just want Etsy gift cards, so I can buy more supplies! No need for things to clutter my apartment this year. ;)

Fashion-isha said...

The colors are amazing! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

PURA VIDA said...

she is an awesome artist..I love her work. I love her shadow box art

therelishedroost said...

Oh I wish!!! I love that piece!!
Have a happy weekend!

Lance said...

gorgeous painting

she's really emotional in her style. You have good taste.

Lee Romano Sequeira said...

Very colorful -- something about it reminds me of tulips - love it, and hope you get it!! :)

michele said...

it's sexy, isn't it?

hope you will find a moment to stop by and enter a giveaway i am hosting for followers (i hope you win!):

happy weekend to you!


Anonymous said...

Lovely for the book.

Style Maniac said...

Thank you, Lance!

Style Maniac said...

Sounds like the perfect gift for you and your new biz, Vanessa!